Flashlight - #thebrightoutdoors Solar Lantern/powerbank

6:58 PM

This device is one cool customer. I got it anticipating just an extra flashlight/lantern to keep around the house as we are victims of power outages frequently where we live in the country. When I received the device I was instantly impressed by how well constructed it felt. It was solid and well built. I did not realize that is also serves as a power bank for a phone via USB cable (not included, but works with android or iPhone)

The only thing I would say to be wary of is how much you open it for the lantern feature. It's like the old whirling tubes from my childhood that are accordion style. The plastic isn't the best quality (though still not cheap feeling) and it dents on the bends which makes it wear out faster. The rubber cover over the USB ports doesn't always shut fantastically but serves it's purpose.

These items I feel would merit only a .5 star bump down but amazon will not allow half increments so I rounded up because I feel overall this is a quality item and would not want to have amazon's lack of a half rating to deter someone who could use this.

The solar charging is about like any other consumer solar device at this price point, don't expect to leave it out on a cloudy day and be using it in an hour, it'll take awhile. I recommend if you are using it for camping, leave it face down (solar part up) while you go about your activities during your day and you should have a decent amount of juice at night. But as a backup light for emergencies and preparedness it is an excellent item to have in reserve.

Would highly recommend.

* I received this item for a discount to provide an unbiased review. I feel that my opinion is unswayed for this and I try to be as objective as possible and use my rating to only compare to similar devices I have used in the past.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images